lighting for a walkthrough

Started by FishermanTom81, February 08, 2018, 02:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishermanTom81

I have recently gotten a go pro and I would love to contribute to the community.  i have had a problem with lighting when doing a tutorial.  what does everyone else use? 

alantani

i finally got a cell phone mount to take video while at my bench, but it bounces to much.    you can color balance the video when you go into "settings."
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

otownjoe

I did some research online and found this to be the cheapest way recommended to cut down on the glare. A cheap light and a white shower cap available at most department stores. The spring mount makes it easy to position. Not that I ever take any pictures. Still haven't figured out how to post a detailed report. Joe

oc1

As I get older I need more and more lighting and use the same clamp-on fixtures with CFL.  I'm definitely going to try the shower cap trick.  Light coming from both sides of the subject will get rid of the shadows but can also make something look too flat so you have to play around with the positioning.  I like bulbs with a daylight spectrum for reel work.  The bigger the better.  Some CFL have a warm color that tries to mimic incandescent lighting but it makes stuff look too yellow/brown in photos.
-steve