Progear V32

Started by Mauriceescobedo, March 05, 2020, 03:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauriceescobedo

Ok... so, first time trying to do this on this site so there's a little bit of a learning curve for me.
I decided to service my V32 for the first time and here we go.
I reached out to Dawn @ smooth drag and she got me sorted out with some carbontex washers for the reel.
I was also able to talk with Danny at progear and he as well got me sorted out with a few sets. One set for my 32 and 2 sets for my V52.
So here's a pic of the reel broken down.

🤔
Anyway. So at first I decided to cut a washer to go under the main gear, from one of the old washers pulled out. Since then, dawn sent me a nice new one for that so I'll replace it

Mauriceescobedo

Still trying to figure out the site and the way some of you do the posts y'all do in sequence with pics so I apologize and please bear with me.
After a little lubing I'm ready to do the new drags.
A little cals and we install.
Ok. All installed. A little tsi 321 and well put it together.

Next we'll get her back together and check the drag.
Previous drag was around 12 lbs locked all the way down, and .... I've not serviced this reel since I got it about 4 years ago. I know I know, bad me, that's why I'm learning to service them.

Ok, so here she is back together
And now the drag is at ....
I fish this reel with 20lb test so this should be good. I've got plenty of drag to play with.

Thanks for reading. Hope I wasn't to all over the place.
Next to upgrade my 4/0

swill88

Hi Mauriceescobed,
Thanks for posting!
I'm getting ready to work on mine so it's nice to see pictures.
Steve

Mauriceescobedo

Super easy to work on and a great reel imo. I've caught allot of nice grade fish with it.

Porthos

Good to see that you are well on the path to enlightenment... :D

Wai

Mauriceescobedo

Yes sir. All thanks to you.
Hope you and the family are doing well in this whole thing.
It was allot of fun.