Shakespeare Sigma 2200GX 025 Bearing Upgrade

Started by Grey Ghost, February 12, 2018, 04:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Ghost

Took a chance on this "plastic" 2200 GX 025 Replaced the bushings on both sides of the main gear with some real bearings and it really tightened it up and made it feel like a super smooth expensive reel, excellent bail mechanism and smooth drag!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Florida Cracker

I'm fixing to rebuild two 2200ck 025s. Would those bearings work in them?

mo65

Ya know...there are many of these decent reels with really crappy stock bearings. I wish I knew more about some of them, so threads like this can help me pick the winners. Thanks for posting your results Florida Cracker. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

philaroman

is that the one w/ the folding bail -- if so, good pocket/backpacking reel

the graphite frame is no problem, esp. w/ small light-duty models

Grey Ghost

I think they are Cracker, let me make sure, I have some extra bearings, or can give you the size if you want to order some on your own.
The CK 025s are not going to take an extra bearing on each side of the gear, they have brass through the side plates.

Florida Cracker

Yeah, after getting mine apart I realized the bushings are too thin to be replaced with bearings.

CJB

Rbruce63

I mistakenly purchased a spare GX reel for my 2200-025 CK. However, when I adjust the drag screw it seems to be jumping a thread. Thread jumping with the CK series adjustment screw doesn't happen with the correct reel!

Can the drag adjustment screw from a GX series be used on my CK series and can you help me find one?

Regards,

Robert
Warm Regards,

Robert
San José, Costa Rica