Lake Seminole (GA-FL) Fishing Report - 2/17/18

Started by Wally15, February 19, 2018, 01:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Spent the past weekend bass fishing on Lake Seminole, the GA-FL one. Numerous bass tournaments were in progress on Saturday, but I was down there just fishing with friends. One of the guys I fish with provides fish for a fish fry for a local church group. One of the best bass fishing days I've had in years. My best 5 would have weighed almost 25 lbs. Pic attached of my 2 biggest, 6.25 and 5.8. I released these 2 females full of eggs, much to my fishing partners dismay. We did clean 13 bass Saturday evening that weighed around 35 lbs.
One of the biggest tournaments Saturday was a GA high school qualifier. About 160 boats with an adult non-fishing boat operator and two HS fishermen were zipping all over the lake. It was great seeing all these young people competing in an outdoor activity for school bragging rights and scholarship money. Weather was scattered clouds, temp in the low 80's, but a brisk 15 knot SW wind made fishing some areas difficult. Plus we had 2-4" of rain last weekend so a mud line was moving down the lake. I haven't been able to find out the results of the HS tourney.
It was a tremendous weekend with good friends, good food, and great fishing.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Wally15

I forgot to add that the grandkids gave me the hat for Christmas. That's probably why I did so well!
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Benni3

Bryan Young

Loads of fun Mike. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see the weigh-in for the HS tournament
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Gfish

That's some seriously good bass fishin!
Do you know where the grandkids got that hat?
Still searchin for a good vintage boat rod to go with the LB 60 my son now has. Thanks again!

Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Wally15

Quote from: Gfish on February 20, 2018, 01:56:01 AM
That's some seriously good bass fishin!
Do you know where the grandkids got that hat?
Still searchin for a good vintage boat rod to go with the LB 60 my son now has. Thanks again!

Gfish

Here's the Bass Pro link:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-make-fishing-great-again-cap?searchTerm=Bass Pro Shops Make Fishing Great Again Cap
Apparently not sold online.
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor