Penn 2000 Speed Shifter

Started by xjchad, February 15, 2018, 06:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

I saw this while scanning through some ads and got a great deal (I think) on it.
I couldn't find much info on it and it seems to be short lived.  Not made in the USA, but still a Penn  ;D
Anyway, it's in great shape to begin with!  I'm planning to go through to clean and lube it, but I wanted to see if anyone else here had experience with these or if this is unexplored territory here.  
Any thoughts or advice?

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Swami805

I have one Chad, I don't know why, it seemed like a good ides at the time. I've never fished it or opened it up. From the looks of it might be good for 10-12 lb mono since the spool is so small. I looked at the schematic and there's a lot of parts in it and I got gun shy. Post some pics when you get it open.
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rivverrat

Would some one open one of these up all ready ?

thrasher

I know its an old post but I have pics of the internals just haven't figured out how to post pics on this site yet. Cool design and as the 6:1 gear ratio might suggest it has a strong shimano speedmaster design to it.

Rancanfish

I just happened to have one on my coffee table while I was organizing a box of reels.  I keep wondering what to do with it.

I'm with Swami,  I'm too gun shy to open it up.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Crow

Sometimes, the old adage ....'if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" ,makes a lot of sense !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thrasher

I've opened mine and taken pics, I just haven't figured out how to post the pics ;D

David Hall

I can't  even see the pictures so I'm not sure what we're talking about?

thrasher

I can't figure out how to post pics correctly  ;D

If you right click the thingy and click open in new tab it works, at least on my end

I'll try and figure this out, I have more pics

thrasher

thrasher

Here's a shot of all parts pulled, everything gets stacked onto the frame then the side plate goes on. Only thing I didn't like was the plastic yoke