Trinidad 50

Started by Toehi, July 15, 2011, 05:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toehi

I have the chance to get a lightly used TN50 for a song and dance but the left side (non handle) side plate is cracked.  Owner tripped while walking back from the water and the reel fell onto the sharp lava rocks.  I have had a chance to hold the reel and it seems to be in perfect working order except for the side plate.  I had read on another message boards that finding replacement Trinidad parts is a chore.  Will Shimano have it, or should I look some where else?  Thanks!

Toehi

Just to clarify the crack is more like a dent/rip.  I could possibly run the reel as is, but the salt water has a clear way in.

kamuwela

they still show parts on thier web site fot it. try calling 877- 577-0600 #tgt0468 left plate and tgt0501 for the handle. ive noticed since the tsunami many part's are on back order.

Toehi

Thanks for the part numbers.  When I searched on Shimano's website they only had the Trinidad 16 and 20 listed.  I'll call them tomorrow.

Toehi

kamuwela

$81.22 for the left plate and $53.99 for the handle. this is according to shimano's price sheet. check with them, if available i have an account with them.  $135.21 and they normally dont charge for shipping.

Toehi

$80 is do able, thanks for the clarification!