Abu 5600C any parts?

Started by Brewer, January 25, 2011, 11:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewer

i'm in need of the left palm plate to a 5600C. this was the 80s style thumbar reel. i was told by ollie damon's in portland or. that this style palm plate can nolonger be ordered. this piticular palm plate has a bearing also. i may possibly need the spool too.
"stay thirsty my friends"

Keta

Lots of ABU parts are interchangeable, if you have a newer C3 or C4 take the side off and see if it fits your older reel.  One of my "franken reels"' is a 6501C4 with C3 gears, 5601C3 anti reverse dog and the 6501C4 AR bearing.  Shimano Calcutta 401 TE handles fit on the 5600/6500 reels too and the combination of dark blue reel and the larger gold handle looks and works good.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Brewer

YES!!! very smart idea. great, thanks.
"stay thirsty my friends"

Ken_D

Quote from: Brewer on January 25, 2011, 11:27:48 PM
i'm in need of the left palm plate to a 5600C. this was the 80s style thumbar reel. i was told by ollie damon's in portland or. that this style palm plate can nolonger be ordered. this piticular palm plate has a bearing also. i may possibly need the spool too.

I realize I'm a little late to the party, but what the hey. What I think the Damon outfit is referring to is: the sideplate with the cast control cap on it, not the palming plate. The palming plate is rounded over, with no cast control cap. The palm can come with a bearing pocket inside, for the solid axle reels, or just a hole for the axle stub, for the ultracast type reels.

If you are still dealing with the reel, can you advise the first four numbers stamped on the reel foot? I can run thru some schematics, and give you a few part numbers to hunt up.

Roger

Ken, glad to see ya here, your knowledge on ABU's will be very welcomed.......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Ken_D

Hi, Roger...I'm now afforded some spare life-force, so I can skid over to Alan's board, on a more regular basis, and hopefully offer some input to various challenges. Best, and thanks, KD.