ez2cdave

Ribbonfish . . . "Trichiurus lepturus"

Tight Lines !

Reel Beaker

These teeth will even make dracula cringe

sdlehr

Quote from: Dominick on March 05, 2018, 04:29:25 AM
Quote from: wfjord on March 04, 2018, 02:59:11 AM
The grease/oil mixture I use is based on what I've learned from this website that some of the expert reel technicians here use. I was using Yamaha blue grease thinned with CorrosionX and it worked nicely.  Recently I switched to mixing Yamaha grease with TSI321 and like it a little better. No particular ratio, just a smooth consistency that might vary, but looks good to me and does the job.

Mineral spirits is generally a petroleum product. Turpentine is primarily distilled from the gum of pine trees. They're both paint thinners. I use mineral spirits because I can't tolerate the overpowering smell and fumes of turpentine. Turpentine can also leave a gummy residue.

I hope someone that really knows chimes in here.  I believe that TSI321 has a cleaning solvent in it.  If so I would not use it mixed with grease in a reel.  Dominick
TSI 301 contains a solvent and is not recommended for use on plastics but ideal for use with metals.
TSI 321 does not contain a solvent and is highly recommended for use where most plastics* are present.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector