Started by Gobi King, March 05, 2018, 02:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

pflueger lady endeavor - pink  ;D

This came in a baitcaster combo,
The basics:
1. 4 bearings and 1 RB
2. 14 lb of drag

Drag: It came with carbon / carbonite  drag from factory. This has a single drag washer with 4 ears/notches.

I lubed everything with TSI 321 (cut with alcohol) and put some grease on the shalf and spindle ends. Both grease and tsi on levelwind. I will load it up with 20 lb braid.

Applied some cals to the top surface of the cf drag washer and buttoned everything up again.

Initial feel of the drag was good, once I have line spooled, I will do some load testing.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gfish

When cuttin lubes like TSI with alcohol, don't the alcohol evaporate, possibly leaving you with an even more dehydrated, higher viscosity lube?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gobi King

Quote from: Gfish on March 05, 2018, 02:44:19 PM
When cuttin lubes like TSI with alcohol, don't the alcohol evaporate, possibly leaving you with an even more dehydrated, higher viscosity lube?

Yes,
I want a thin layer of TSI on the bearing/gear surface,
TSI by itself is pretty thick, it does not flow very well, so cutting it with alcohol thins it out and the resulting mix flows very well.

So after the alcohol evaps, we are left with a thin coat of TSI,  ;D
Fichigan

Gfish

10-4. Sounds like a plan for when I get some a that TSI. Thanks.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Tiddlerbasher

Gfish - I've been cutting TSI321 with IPA (isopropyl alcohol 99% pure) for a couple of years - it works very well. Cutting it gives you more control over how much you are applying - I cut mine 4 parts alcohol to 1 part TSI321. This is approximately the same ratio as TSI301 jus a different (safer) solvent ;)

Gobi King

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on March 05, 2018, 04:17:33 PM
Gfish - I've been cutting TSI321 with IPA (isopropyl alcohol 99% pure) for a couple of years - it works very well. Cutting it gives you more control over how much you are applying - I cut mine 4 parts alcohol to 1 part TSI321. This is approximately the same ratio as TSI301 jus a different (safer) solvent ;)

Chris is the one who suggested it to me and I just went through a 3 oz bottle of 20% TSI, I use it on everything now,
I mixed a bottle for my girls for their bikes!
Fichigan