buying from japan on ebay

Started by Swami805, March 06, 2018, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: philaroman on March 08, 2018, 01:34:07 PM
you ever think that unfair, excessive taxation may be your problem, rather than US shipping  ???
just dump all the tea in the harbour -- worked out just fine, for us  :P
(and get rid of the "superfluous U", while you're at it)

Actually it's both, overseas pay postage for both countries.  If I ship gifts to my granddaughter 100 miles south of where they live postage is 40% less than to their home in Canada.  My daughter does not like dealing with the border so a PO box in the border town does not work. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

fogbound

Perhaps shippers state the true value of items because it's illegal not to,leaving them subject to amazing fines.Circumventing gov't. customs regs. is a practice for the foolhardy.

mikeysm

It is no problem to buy from Japan. I order from Japan tackle all the time. They are great to deal with.

Mike

nelz

So do the reels arrive radio-active? :o I'm only half-joking here actually. Suppose it comes from around the Fukushima area?

Three se7ens

Ive always had good luck from Japan, just do your due diligence on the seller being reputable.  Sometimes the exchange rates make buying international a great deal, even with the higher shipping costs. 

A few years back I got a $400 spray gun for around $180 shipped from Japan, partly because the exchange rates were so favorable to the US dollar.  That same gun couldnt be had from any US based sellers for less than $350. 

swill88

An added bonus is that, typically, packages from Japan arrive packaged as good or better as any gift you have ever received.

Steve

whalebreath

Quote from: swill88 on April 04, 2018, 01:45:06 AM
An added bonus is that, typically, packages from Japan arrive packaged as good or better as any gift you have ever received.
Yes they do have talent in that direction.