Looking for a CAP (Pre Mitchell) drag knob

Started by Midway Tommy, March 06, 2018, 05:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

I need a CAP (this is pre Mitchell) drag knob matching the one in the photo below. 3 wings with the small center disc, and it has a male threaded stud that screws into the female threaded main shaft, if any body out there has a good extra one.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Have around 12-14 old CAP's, plus about (40) 304, 305, 314, 315, etc..

At first glance, no loose drag knobs like you need — but I will keep looking since today is shop clean up day after working on a couple dozen reels during the snow.

Did find these new knobs that fit the CAP, and the one on the left has CAP embossed on it — but they are not exactly like you need.

If I find one in the next day or two — I will email you and send it East.

N/C.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Thank you, kind Sir, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to look! I've got a first '54 Cap full bail transition reel in near excellent condition, flat side plate with no Mitchell inscribed, that has a drag knob from a later version. I picked it up at a tackle flea market/swap meet over the weekend. It would be nice to find a correct one for it if I can. I've got a bunch of different Garcia & Mitchell drag knobs in the parts bags, but wouldn't you know it, not that one.  :)   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)