2 Piece Stump Heaver Question

Started by Whino83, March 11, 2018, 03:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whino83

I know someone wanting to trade me this rod. It's 9.5' Long. All of my stump heavers are one piece. The metal ferrule seems kind of short to me from looking at the pics. I can't tell if it is or it's just me and my lack of knowledge of older rods and metal ferrules. Any advice/comments/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

1badf350

I think it's just the angle of the picture
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

oldmanjoe

Not quite sure of your question , but if you are worried about the length verses strength of the ferrule ,  don`t be .       there are very strong.      joe   
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Whino83

Yes, the ferrule Looks too short to me in the picture

Swami805

If you getting it in person pull on it and see if it breaks, if it does it wasn't any good anyway.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

philaroman

I'd be more worried that it started out as a 10' rod
& wrong angler tried to heave the wrong stump
...or, wrong car door

Whino83

Thanks for the replies. My friend got the rod on a trade. We're going to do some trading and I'm going to have maybe $50 in the rod. I could use another stump heaver and the 2 piece option would be nice once in a while. I've just personally never seen one with a metal ferrule before and was worried that slinging 8 and bait would be too much for it maybe. The metal ferrule seemed short but it was built that way. Then again I am assuming, it could have been broken and repaired, lol. The metal ferrule is just new to me and I was a bit worried about making the deal.