43-720

Started by jguelpa, March 16, 2018, 05:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jguelpa

Hi--I'm a friend of Alan's from Texas, and I'm looking for two 43-720, referred to as the crosswind block in the Penn schematic.  Can anybody help?

George6308

Penn parts has them in aluminum for $20. Price is inline with going rate as one just sold on E-bay for $17. Plus the metal ones will never crack.

foakes

Same as what George sez —

I am down to only 4 or 5 left, which must be saved for client repairs.

MysticParts shows them as the much more solid after market aluminum machined ones @ $20 — limit 2.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/43-720-A.aspx

If MysticParts is out, I would help you with a couple of mine — but the price would be the same as the aluminum ones — since that is what I would need to replace them with, unfortunately & eventually.

Best,

Fred

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ez2cdave

George6308

As I posted the last one on EBay sold for $17.   Wait a few days the price will go up.

foakes

Fishgrain is Jay, on our site — a good seller and a fair member.

If you contact him directly, let him know you are an A/T member — he may be able to help you from his unposted Penn inventory — or offer a buy-it-now for a couple of XW blocks.

My dealings with Jay have always been the top notch — no worries.

He is one of the good guys...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Same here Fred, Jay is a great guy to deal with. I purchase a lot of stuff from him and it's always pleasant.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.