Shimano Stradic FI Knob

Started by webwalker, July 20, 2011, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webwalker

Hi,

I'm trying to change my Stradic FI handle knob, I like those nice weightless AL knobs like this:

But I can't find any post who explain it with a minimal detail. I don`t know how to remove the Knob from the Stradic FI handle becouse when I remove the cap, the Stradic FI hasn't the Knob screw pin on it to drill out -like sustains or TwinPower-.
I've changed my TwinPower without any trouble... but what a hell with this FI knob!  :P
Anyone can help me? or maybe the sustain handle fits on the Stradic?  ???

Thank you in advance,

Bryan Young

Can you take a picture of the know with the cap removed and post it?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

webwalker

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delay, I've been out -not fishing-  :P,
Here is a sample of the Power Knob from a Saragosa, supossed the same of Sustain (the TwinPo is the same), etc...

As you can see, after remove the knob cap you can unscrew it becouse there is the typical cut in the pin (red arrows).
But if you remove the Stradic cap ... the pin is blank !¡ ... I don't know how can I remove it.  ???
I saw a few photos overthere with Straidics with AL Knob, but now I'm thinking that probably the Sustains Handle fits OK into Stradics... and just change the complete handle assembly ... what a hell !
Anybody knows ?¿

Regards

george.s

you must have the 6000-or the 8000fi  the only way to get the knob off is to drill it out and maybe fit one of the knobs Dawn sells.I don't know why the 1000- to 5000 fi you can unscrew it but not 6000-8000.

alantani

is it just me, or were the photos replaced by a red x for everyone else as well?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

No, it's not just you - they're gone...  :-\
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

webwalker

???

I will post a new one from Imageshack ...  :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us