Opening day weekend shenanigans and trip report!

Started by pjstevko, March 30, 2018, 07:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

I caught one smaller than that!  Sorry no pictures of it though.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

david and i drove down on friday and met rich who drove all the way from pheonix!  glenn had only a quick drive from los osos, so the four of us had dinner on friday night!  

saturday we headed into virg's and larry's marine.  randy pauly has alot of his gear for sale at larry's.  i spent most of the day working on leaders and cleaning out my rockcod boxes.  had alot of stuff to go through.  i was hoping that the guys would show more interest in rick berg's gear, but we had only a few takers.  knowing that we would be fishing up to 300 feet deep meant one pound weights, so no light stuff.  maybe the next time we can do a shallow water trip and i can add some incentives!

the weather was beautiful, as you can see!  this is me and ed!

here are jon, big tim, david and randy.  or is it randy and david?  the beards make them look like twins.

jp, ben and mike sym.  the boat was so crowded that it was nearly impossible to make your way up the rail.  there were fill sacks of fish blocking your way on both sides!

mike, rich and glenn.  within a few minutes, they would all be hooked up.

all nice reds!

it was about 2.5 hours up the coast, and back.  here's morro rock!

dinner after a long day of fishing!

and a word from our skipper!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Playin' with the camera...Alan chillin' on the ride out.

David Hall

Every rod was bent on nearly every single drop with only a couple exceptions, there where some unprepared folks fishing very light gear that managed to create not just more tangles, but some of the biggest I've ever seen.  At one point I think I saw 9 lines tangled with six fish on them.  It was pretty much non stop action hauling in the biggest reds and Lings I've ever seen. 

Big Tim

Quote from: David Hall on April 03, 2018, 02:02:49 AM
Every rod was bent on nearly every single drop with only a couple exceptions, there where some unprepared folks fishing very light gear that managed to create not just more tangles, but some of the biggest I've ever seen.  At one point I think I saw 9 lines tangled with six fish on them.  It was pretty much non stop action hauling in the biggest reds and Lings I've ever seen. 

Big Tim

Randy with a nice one

Shark Hunter

Likin' those Camera effects Big T. ;)
No Golden Carp for you this time Brother. ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Who won the golden carp for the smallest fish?  I'd bet it was a tough competition for that golden carp with those monster reds and lings being tossed on deck.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Big Tim

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 03, 2018, 05:51:25 AM
Who won the golden carp for the smallest fish?  I'd bet it was a tough competition for that golden carp with those monster reds and lings being tossed on deck.

The Legendary David F. Hall is this trips Golden Carp Award  ;D

BT

Gman_WC

Great picture effects. Could you expand on the equipment and effect used please?
Looks like a good time was had by all.
Now....when do the tuna get here!  ;D
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Aiala

Quote from: Gman_WC on April 03, 2018, 03:56:29 PM
Now....when do the tuna get here?  ;D -Gary

The early birds are already here; 1.5-day boats out of San Diego are getting into BFTs...  8)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

swill88

Quote from: Big Tim on April 03, 2018, 02:06:09 AM
Quote from: David Hall on April 03, 2018, 02:02:49 AM

Maybe next time bring a bucket of 16oz weights, give them away and insist the tanglers use them!

steve

Big Tim

PJ & David F. Hall "Golden Carp Winner"  ;D

Fishy247

Hey guys, it was awesome getting to meet you all finally! Insane fishing trip...great fishing, HUGE fish, good boat and crew, excellent company...all around great time.  ;D Thanks for including me in the fun and I look forward to doing it all again soon!

-Mike