Penn Senator 114H with black side plates

Started by FrankDavis, April 01, 2018, 05:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankDavis

Hi I have a 114H and am looking to upgrade the drags. I was on MysticParts site and the 114H is a special
with red side plates but mine has black ones, do I order drags for a 114 with black plates or the 114H even though my plates are black?

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Shark Hunter

Frank,
If your reel says 114H, It is a special and needs drags as a High Speed.
They are semi rare. Most are usually red.
Life is Good!

FrankDavis

Thanks for the information. Being semi rare do you think I should fish with it? Its in excellent condition.

1badf350

i'll trade you a red one that you can fish ;)
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

broadway

I personally like the black 114h's because they're a tougher find but I don't fish 'em.  A nice red one for a decent black one ain't bad... they only fetch about $20-40 more (lately) in similar condition.
Dom

FrankDavis

Thanks Dom think I will just sit it on the shelf since it has some sentimental value and I don't believe it has ever been used.

broadway

Hey Frank,
   Unused is a different story... not many of those out there.  Good idea, get the finger prints off her and put her up on that shelf to enjoy.
I only have one new one and it's a left handed black 114H which I've never seen a second one of(unless maybe it was double dogged by one of the guys around here, lol).
Great place to start a collection,
Dom
PS- Out of curiosity did it come in a box?

FrankDavis

No box, I got it from my father after he passed. He had a bunch of reels and rods,but i never seen him do any fishing in the 42 years i knew him. lol

Jim Fujitani

Unfortunately when we sometimes inherit items, the answer to the question "Why?", is lost in the passing of the owner.  The time to ask is when they are alive and have their memories intact, if we should be so lucky. 

Your father may have fished during an earlier time, at a much younger age.  Or he may have picked up the rods and reels from a yard sale, from a friend, or as part of an inheritance. 

broadway

Frank, If that was pops reel I would never let it go.
Good move,
Dom