OLD NEP-TUNA CRADLE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE !!

Started by 54bullseye, April 05, 2018, 01:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

This was a Nep-Tuna cradle I bought from Randy Pauly a year or so ago. I have owned a pile of cradle reels but have never fished one so I decided to make one that I could comfortably fish with. Like I said I bought the cradle from Randy and my buddy Dave Turner of  http://www.turnerscustomrods.com/  did all the wraps and rod work. I stripped down an old Calstar 196 rod and cut it to size. Dave removed old butt from cradle and installed a new longer fiberglass butt then put the Hypalon on. Overall length now is 7' with the butt 18" to center of reel a perfect size for me to use as a bait fishing rod on NH party boats for Haddock, Pollock, Red Fish and Cod. "the Cod go back" !! So this year I will be fishing a cradle !!
Here are a few pics of the cradle rod with a Penn 505 HS installed in it "also from Randy" all ready to fish.
  Thanks for looking.  John Taylor

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

JRD

Heck ya that'll work.  And you will be styling.  I luv different unique set ups and your sure to never see the same rig on any boat.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bill B

What Sid said...... :o.   Good save and kudos to your rod wrapper...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Penn Chronology

Nice John. I use the Jigmaster cradle rigs for bottom fishing. Have standard 500 M mounted into the cradle Works fine for me. 

Alto Mare

I neve noticed this one John, what a beautiful piece. Dave did an awesome job on that rod.

Very nice.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

I missed that one too, great mix of old and new material to make a comfortable set up. Nice shadow box wrap.
Do what you can with that you have where you are