alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Looking for a CAP (Pre Mitchell) drag knob
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 25, 2020, 11:28:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a CAP (Pre Mitchell) drag knob  (Read 1067 times)
Midway Tommy
Tom
Sensei

Smack dab in the middle of USA - Eastern Nebraska

« on: March 06, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »

I need a CAP (this is pre Mitchell) drag knob matching the one in the photo below. 3 wings with the small center disc, and it has a male threaded stud that screws into the female threaded main shaft, if any body out there has a good extra one.

* Mitchell Cap Drag knob.jpg (100.63 KB, 764x910 - viewed 161 times.)

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 12:20:52 PM »

Have around 12-14 old CAP’s, plus about (40) 304, 305, 314, 315, etc..

At first glance, no loose drag knobs like you need — but I will keep looking since today is shop clean up day after working on a couple dozen reels during the snow.

Did find these new knobs that fit the CAP, and the one on the left has CAP embossed on it — but they are not exactly like you need.

If I find one in the next day or two — I will email you and send it East.

N/C.

Best,

Fred

* D54EFE60-E4B5-48B5-A98A-145962D5EE02.jpeg (1989.46 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 153 times.)

* 377C6A27-C58E-49A3-8DBF-5CD264544D88.jpeg (1897.87 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 160 times.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:22:17 PM by foakes » Logged

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

---------

Self-worth is how you value yourself. It’s not based on what others think of you or the things you have (or haven’t) accomplished—it comes from within. But it’s easy to forget that our worth isn’t determined by outside forces -- each of us sets our own price.
Midway Tommy
Tom
Sensei

Smack dab in the middle of USA - Eastern Nebraska

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:52:00 PM »

Thank you, kind Sir, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to look! I've got a first '54 Cap full bail transition reel in near excellent condition, flat side plate with no Mitchell inscribed, that has a drag knob from a later version. I picked it up at a tackle flea market/swap meet over the weekend. It would be nice to find a correct one for it if I can. I've got a bunch of different Garcia & Mitchell drag knobs in the parts bags, but wouldn't you know it, not that one.  Smiley   

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: