handle upgrade - shimano tld 20/25

Started by alantani, December 11, 2008, 06:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

these handle upgrades completely transform the single speed shimano tld 20 and 25 reels and give them some serious torque.  the handle arm is all stainless steel.  the 4/0 kolekar grip is stainless steel and delron.  they cost $40 each, with domestic shipping included.  send a check to alan tani, 12362 ted court, saratoga, ca 95070 and i'll ship it out.  if you need it quick, send me an e-mail with your shipping info and i'll mail it out.  when it arrives, send a check back in the return envelope.  if you need a carbontex washer, those are $19 and a belleville and thrust washer are an extra buck for a complete overhaul.  thanks!  alan 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fatso333

Alan

I received the handles and they are great, can't wait to land a big fish with them now.

Great Service Great Product, check is in the mail

nowakezone

PM and email sent Alan. I need 4 handles for TLD-25's. I can pay pronto with PayPal. Thanks for your help.

Btw, your Penn wrench is absolutely top shelf. I love it.

Thanks again.

Gaujo

Mr. Tani,

Is this the recommended upgrade for a tld15? 
Nothing but friends & fins on alantani.com

redsetta

G'day Gaujo,
I'd recommend the counter-weighted version in either 2/0 or 4/0 size.
Both are pictured below:

Here's the link to Alan's TLD15 handles: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=155.0
Hope that helps.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

i like the 4/0 for this reel, but will go for the 6/0 if i know i am going after bigger fish. 

huxpat

Just a plug for the quality of these handles on my TLD 25's - the 4/0 feels great even in my enormous hands (I'm 6'7"). And aside from big dorado and lots of school yellowfin, they caught my IGFA all tackle world record Gulf Coney grouper shown here - 32 lbs - and have caught over a dozen more Gulf Coney and star-studded grouper in the 20-38 lb range. Like magic, they turn what feels like an utterly useless reel with the stock handle into a reel that's a pleasure to fish with.

erikpowell

Holy cow, look at the size of that jig..looks like my trolling motor!  ;D

Nice grouper! Gulf Coney... where, Gulf of Mexico??

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

huxpat

Quote from: erikpowell on February 12, 2013, 12:46:49 AM
Holy cow, look at the size of that jig..looks like my trolling motor!  ;D

Nice grouper! Gulf Coney... where, Gulf of Mexico??

Haha, yeah, that mighta been one of my 16 oz ones - if it doesn't hook it, it knocks the grouper unconscious. For reasons I don't quite understand, the simple Coney is in the Gulf of Mexico whereas the Gulf Coney is in Pacific Mexico down thru Ecuador or somewhere. I think the Gulf in the name refers to the Gulf of California/Sea of Cortez, where they're most commonly caught. Mine was caught in Huatulco, Oaxaca, at the lower end of Pacific Mexico. An alternate and better name is Rooster Hind, because that indicates it's one of the very sluggish-fighting hind type of grouper, and the rooster part refers to its enormously high three dorsal spines (seen in my profile pic) somewhat like a roosterfish. I also got a 38 lb star studded grouper on this outfit that beat the existing world record by 13 lbs, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it back to the States within the two month deadline after catching it to submit the application. Will just have to catch a bigger one!

C0BRA

Hello,

I recently picked up a Tyrnos 8 single speed to pair with an 8' bait rod. Initially I got it as a loaner for family and friends I take out fishing here in NorCal. But it turns out I really like it and might just use it more myself. ;D I would like to hot rod this thing, fill it with spectra backing, and use it for 20-25lb. The Carbontex drag washer arrived today.

At any rate, I was wondering if these stainless handles for the TLD would fit? I couldn't find any in this section for the Tyrnos. Seems like a handle and one of the new knobs will be awesome for this reel.

Thanks!

alantani

not sure.  the square hole is 0.282" x 0.282"

dbus1234

I would like to purchase 6 ea.  What is your email address?

alantani