Shark Rod

Started by mikeysm, April 14, 2018, 08:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

By the end of the month Randy will have the 20/0 kits and I have the side plates ready to install on my kit. Then Khanh will get the blank as soon as I can get the parts together.

Mike

thorhammer

This is an epic combo.

Rivverrat

Can't wait to see this Super Duty combo. This will be capable of bringing to the beach most any shark your physically able to handle.

Hope to see pics of you at  the beach, saddled up with a deep bend in that rod.....  ;D

mikeysm

I'm working 7 days a week til next month. Then I will have time to take everthing to Khang in October.  At the same time I will have someone spool it for me.

Mike

Benni3

What are you going to put on it,,,,I almost went with straight 400lb mono from blue ocean tackle  ;D

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on April 14, 2018, 11:00:29 PM
I love UC's Blanks. However have you pulled on a Gladiator ?  Will you be using it from a boat ?

I cannot stress enough that this is a beast of a rod. I've plucked over 50 lbs. off the floor with one. Many big fellas find it hard to keep this rod loaded... Jeff

Im not familiar with UC blanks so I searched a bit about it.

CX 70 Invictus   7'0"   FAST          Unlimited           1.0   12   0.95           16.5   $193
CX 70 Gladiator   7'0"   FAST          Super Unlimited   1.0   13   0.978   19.0   $210

what would be the difference on a blank marked as "unlimited" versus the "super unlimited"  :-\   
The Baja Guy

mikeysm

The blank is 7'6" Gladiator and it is a tree stump. I am going to build a fighting chair for it.

Mike

Benni3

Quote from: mikeysm on September 05, 2018, 06:30:27 PM
The blank is 7'6" Gladiator and it is a tree stump. I am going to build a fighting chair for it.

Mike
you need this   ;D

mikeysm

Yes I was thinking tha same thing.

Benni3

Quote from: mikeysm on September 06, 2018, 01:51:31 PM
Yes I was thinking tha same thing.
I don't think the pin maybe big enough  :D but if you want it,,,,PM you ad

mikeysm

They are on ebay they call it a rod cradle.

Rivverrat

Quote from: steelfish on September 05, 2018, 05:26:22 PM
Quote from: Rivverrat on April 14, 2018, 11:00:29 PM
I love UC's Blanks. However have you pulled on a Gladiator ?  Will you be using it from a boat ?

I cannot stress enough that this is a beast of a rod. I've plucked over 50 lbs. off the floor with one. Many big fellas find it hard to keep this rod loaded... Jeff

Im not familiar with UC blanks so I searched a bit about it.

CX 70 Invictus   7'0"   FAST          Unlimited           1.0   12   0.95           16.5   $193
CX 70 Gladiator   7'0"   FAST          Super Unlimited   1.0   13   0.978   19.0   $210

what would be the difference on a blank marked as "unlimited" versus the "super unlimited"  :-\   

The super is just more of the umliimted. I know a few who  an unlimited rated UC Rod from a harness.

I would say for 99% of humans the super unlimited needs to be fished from a chair. The suoer just takes the unlimited to another level.
A rod I will never have a need for... Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 06, 2018, 05:29:41 PM

The super is just more of the umliimted. I know a few who  an unlimited rated UC Rod from a harness.

I would say for 99% of humans the super unlimited needs to be fished from a chair. The suoer just takes the unlimited to another level.
A rod I will never have a need for... Jeff

thanks, I have hard time holding a fish on 130lb rod with 35# drag hahaha (stand-up fight)

so, I can only imagine what woould be fighting a fish on an unlimited blank or the super-unlimited one..
are you sure there is no a super-duper-unlimited blank somewhere?  ;D
The Baja Guy

mikeysm

You do it from a chair and harness. The rod and reel are way to much weight to try it without it.

Mike

steelfish

Quote from: mikeysm on September 06, 2018, 07:45:05 PM
You do it from a chair and harness. The rod and reel are way to much weight to try it without it.

Mike

gotcha, I must try that way of fishing, nothing like that on my local waters.

but it was an interesting info reading about those "unlimited" blanks, I didnt knew they existed
The Baja Guy