112 H rebuild

Started by Reel 224, April 10, 2018, 07:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Enuff

Those Tiburon narrow frames look good on any size Senator. Nice job.

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 11, 2018, 11:06:25 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on April 11, 2018, 03:54:33 AM

Basically the 112H is a heaver duty reel then the Jig Master 500,501,and 99.

Joe   
That all depends on which Jigmaster you're comparing it to Joe.
If you're comparing it to Tom's Jigmaster kit and Prochallenger's guts, the Jigmaster is a stronger reel.
By the way, Cortez Conversions Classic JIGMASTER, is the smoothes kit out there, well to me anyway.

Nice build with that reel Joe.

Sal

Sal: I didn't want to start a pissing contest about one over the other, but I'm more then happy that Randy sent me this 112H 3/0 T3N narrow Tib kit with all the Penn 99% stock plate's in beautiful condition. I just added some up grades to sort of up it a little.

Thanks Sal for the "nice build with that reel" I appreciate it.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Quote from: Reel 224 on April 12, 2018, 02:47:39 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on April 11, 2018, 11:06:25 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on April 11, 2018, 03:54:33 AM

Basically the 112H is a heaver duty reel then the Jig Master 500,501,and 99.

Joe   
That all depends on which Jigmaster you're comparing it to Joe.
If you're comparing it to Tom's Jigmaster kit and Prochallenger's guts, the Jigmaster is a stronger reel.
By the way, Cortez Conversions Classic JIGMASTER, is the smoothes kit out there, well to me anyway.

Nice build with that reel Joe.

Sal

Sal: I didn't want to start a pissing contest about one over the other, but I'm more then happy that Randy sent me this 112H 3/0 T3N narrow Tib kit with all the Penn 99% stock plate's in beautiful condition. I just added some up grades to sort of up it a little.

Thanks Sal for the "nice build with that reel" I appreciate it.

Joe
No pissing contest Joe, you claimed the 112h customized is a stronger reel than the Jigmaster and I disagreed, that's all.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bill B

Good job on the 112H Joe.  The 112 was the first Penn I ever bought for myself and will always be my favorite....you took it another step....well a Big Leap, forward.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Reel 224

Thank you Bill. I had to shorten the spacer for the drag adjustment was to tight at first, it seems that the five stack is to high in the main gear. It needs a little deeper main gear to accommodate the five stack. Those gears run as smooth as silk and shifting is always positive. I defiantly like the 112H in that stile with the Tib kit. This is my first but it won't be the last.

Joe