Where to find part for 2052dc?

Started by JNG3, April 17, 2018, 12:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Well done, Mike! I'm glad my experience provided help and insight. With regards to your voids, a clear form, if you can find one, helps eliminate any voids because you can see how well the epoxy is settling into the form. I originally had concerns about that happening when thinking about using the white McD's straw and was really glad when I came across that clear one.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mark Hill

Great repair job fella's!....My 2052's sleeve is cracked AND half of the teeth are missing on the clicker gear....plastic Grrrrr   >:(    :'(
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

mark Hill

Still looking for the dreaded plastic parts for my 2052... 
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

Midway Tommy

Quote from: mark Hill on September 12, 2020, 11:45:33 PM
Still looking for the dreaded plastic parts for my 2052... 

You won't find those plastic parts as they are not replaceable, they are molded onto the main shaft. You'll have to find a complete main shaft. Those are almost impossible to find. You'll more than likely have get a donor reel to cannibalize. Try to find an earlier "E" version with the metal click gear & bushing area if you can. I've never seen one with the teeth worn off the click gear, even though they're plastic. That would take some serious neglect of the spool click dog/spring.   :o

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

mark Hill

Thanks Tommy. I was hoping not to have to buy a donor reel, as then I would have two reels to search parts for....ya know how that goes! haha.  This little 2052 is otherwise in pretty good shape, considering it was apparently formerly owned by a gorilla.  Thanks again for responding Tommy....and my search continues.

Jenx

I just bought a 2052 today on a whim, and then I found this thread.

Honestly, had I seen this thread first I probably wouldn't have bought it. I guess I will have to wait for it to arrive to see what it looks like inside.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Jenx on May 16, 2021, 07:24:39 PM
I just bought a 2052 today on a whim, and then I found this thread.

Honestly, had I seen this thread first I probably wouldn't have bought it. I guess I will have to wait for it to arrive to see what it looks like inside.

Think positive!  ;) Give us a look-see once you have it in hand. 

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Jenx

Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 17, 2021, 02:58:42 AM

Think positive!  ;) Give us a look-see once you have it in hand.  

Well it arrived today. It ended being plastic as well... and cracked  :(

Otherwise it's a nice looking reel. About the same size as the Penn 716z. Rotor cup is slightly larger than the 716, but the body is skinnier.

Midway Tommy

At least your click gear looks pretty good and the bushing isn't broken to pieces. Follow my tutorial to a T using JB Weld and and you'll be good to go. The repair should last a long time if done with care.   

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

philaroman

for possible good DIY "blanks", look inside older Okuma drag knobs w/ tall "fin/rib" on top
I have several, where the nut is unnecessarily LONG!!!/massive hunk of brass w/ robust round flange on bottom
(plenty meat to attach SS ratchet)...  top, if long enough, should be easy to reshape
already center-bored & threaded -- better for bonding agent OR easier to ream, if needed
(mine are Okuma 30-size; guessing 40/45 same; around 50/55 size, 1mm bump in shaftOD/nutID & nut bulk)
pretty sure some Chinese Pflueger & Penn use same knob, but don't know nut situation/sizes