Western Outdoors News Trip list: Friday, September 21, 2018

Started by Big Tim, April 21, 2018, 10:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: F-Minus on September 12, 2018, 02:51:36 PM
What are you guys bringing for gear?
I have a heavy bass Okuma swimbait rod, Graphfighter 800m, and a Cousins BT8030.
I think they all have 65# braid. I do have a senator spooled with 30#...

What size swimbait heads should I bring?

Large swimbaits have heavy water resistance and require more weight...8-12oz. Jigs on the other hand require less weight than say ...Shrimp Flies & Whole Squid (for sure 16oz.)... My guess is Brad will stick with the deep water,with a shallow water in between, if needed. He will want to win this day.

Tim

Adams Khanh

Adams Khanh

alantani

Quote from: Adams Khanh on September 14, 2018, 10:57:49 PM
I habe a plus one my buddy bob!

Bring a couple of mats or air mattresses. You might wind up on the living room floor.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Alison just threatened to leave me here to watch kids while she fishes.
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

Ron Jones

Yeah, that would be 5-7 kids and 3 grandkids. You better talk to Joy before you make that offer!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Big Tim

Quote from: Ron Jones on September 15, 2018, 05:13:23 AM
Alison just threatened to leave me here to watch kids while she fishes.

You stay at home and we get to hang out with Alison?Kind of like last time where ou were in bed all day and got to hang out with Alison  ;D

BT

alantani

Not a problem.  There is a ton of yardwork that needs to be done. Got enough to keep them busy for at least a month. They're ok with bread an water, right?

F-Minus

Anybody know if there are still spots available? I called Austin a couple times the last three days and he hasn't picked up or called back.
I have another friend who's interested in going.

David Hall

Well I know there's one spot, mine.  I'm paid and some last minute things came up and I won't be able to go.  At this point it's non refundable so if anyone wants my spot it's paid for and you can have it as far as I'm concerned.  I don't know what the WON people will,say about it?

Dominick

Too bad David.  They are lucking out on the sea conditions.  Check this report:  Dominick

"Fri..NE winds 5 to 10 kt in the morning, becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 3 to 4 ft at 10 seconds."
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Quote from: Dominick on September 20, 2018, 02:31:01 AM
Too bad David.  They are lucking out on the sea conditions.  Check this report:  Dominick

"Fri..NE winds 5 to 10 kt in the morning, becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. NW swell 3 to 4 ft at 10 seconds."

Your not helping me feel better Dominick!
Just kidding, the wife came down sick and my daughter is moving into her own place so taking off to go fishing isn't fitting in this weekend!  Have to look to next Tuesday maybe.

Adams Khanh

In la will be coming around 3:30, and for dinner I'll making oven roasted pork belly.  And I also have a two friends coming bob and Bryan. Bryan is not fishing though he's only coming to hang out

F-Minus

David! Unfortunately too late! My friend said it was full and made other plans! Doh!