Ever walk into your reel repair shop and find.......

Started by FishDad, April 22, 2018, 09:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman_WC

Yep, cab cleaner in a can.  ;D
Maybe a tint of stale blue grease!

-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Brewcrafter

Fish Dad - I know that elsewhere in the forum was a post regarding using Chapstick for waxing/sealing reel spools.  Now I don't know how closely related Chapstick is to lipstick, but I can tell you in no uncertain terms from my day job, that there are certain brands of lipstick out there that I would like to paint my house with (not necessarily because of the color!).  I don't know what's in that stuff, but I swear there are times that it's easier just to throw the pint glass away!  I have to think it truly would be a bulletproof "lifetime coating".

Navidad Nutcase

I ran across this old thread tonight and I just had to reply.
The picture was taken this afternoon - and I never even got in trouble ! You see, my wife fishes as much as I do and she completely understood the practicality in the situation. I Had the gear in saltaway for a few weeks and just ran them thru a quick rinse.

But her eyebrow pencil ? I highly doubt it !
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

CapeFish

I was making a coiled rod leash the other day so proceeded to boil the coiled mono in a pan on the stove so it keeps the coils, got in to a fair amount of trouble  :)

Cor

Quote from: Gfish on April 23, 2018, 03:48:15 AM
Wouldn't dare...I respect my wife's stuff and space to much.

(i.e. I'm a coward when faced with her justifiable anger)
Yes, metoo..... >:( >:( LOL but I still occasionally need something that I don't have in my workshop and she has in the kitchen.
Kitchens are no longer Wife domains, I am also expected to work there :o
Cornelis

Fishy247

QuoteWouldn't dare...I respect my wife's stuff and space to much.

(i.e. I'm a coward when faced with her justifiable anger)

Yes, metoo..... Angry Angry LOL but I still occasionally need something that I don't have in my workshop and she has in the kitchen.
Kitchens are no longer Wife domains, I am also expected to work there Shocked

Shoot, most of the nice stuff in the kitchen is mine! ;D

Hardy Boy

On another note I found that if you boil a bear skull to clean it, in the house and with a really good roasting pan (who knew they are different ones???), make sure your wife does not return from her outing early .................... I had some splaining to do.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd