All Dark Green T4WEX

Started by Maxed Out, May 17, 2018, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

This kit is 1 of 1 made in all dark green.

I actually sent this frame to my anodizer so they could attempt a color match. They did a pretty good job of matching Tiburon dark green color. I only did 3 sets of Cortez 4/0 sideplates in this color and the other 2 sets were built as a yts. This is the only one of it's kind T4wex in all dark green.

Here is my spread sheet: WEX kit $200, Sideplates with custom color $145, Lever $22, Camo handle assembly $55. Cost of anodizing (per part) was high simply because of the small batch.

I'm right at $420 for these components. I'll let this rare beauty go for $365+10 shipping to USA.

If you see what looks like a defect, its just clear tape I used to hold sideplates on for pics

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

I tried to get some reflective light going to show the color a bit more in a picture. Pics just don't do it any justice

xjchad

Wow Ted, that's a stunner!!  :o
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Beautiful Ted!  If you added in the time that you invested, nobody could afford it!

Maxed Out

SOLD........SOLD.......SOLD

Alto Mare

The best looking green I've ever seen on a reel, looks amazing Ted! Are you getting raw material from Tiburon or are you stripping them down?
Gorgeous!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 17, 2018, 11:54:30 PM
The best looking green I've ever seen on a reel, looks amazing Ted! Are you getting raw material from Tiburon or are you stripping them down?
Gorgeous!

Sal

Frame and spool are Tiburon anodized.....rest of parts were done by my anodizer. The raw cortez plates are from Tom....not sure how I convinced him to sell me a few raw sets, but glad he did.

Maxed Out

I like all the Cortez colors.....This "custom color" gig was just an itch I had to scratch....a very expensive itch, but have no regrets. Here is a dark green Ohana yts

Tightlines667

I like that one Ted!

Always thought dark green, almost black makes a nice color for a reel.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.