Calcutta 400s

Started by Scattergun2570, April 29, 2018, 04:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

So I just serviced it,new carbon fiber washers etc.. I thought it was fine,but when I turn the handle very slowly,I can feel this very slight slow down"bind" ? I took it apart again,,I don't see anything obviously wrong..not to my eyes anyway. Anyone have any ideas?

handi2

Most of the time the drag stack is a little high. The top metal washer may be rubbing on the inside of the cover. Tighten the drag to see if it stops.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Scattergun2570

Quote from: handi2 on April 29, 2018, 03:16:57 PM
Most of the time the drag stack is a little high. The top metal washer may be rubbing on the inside of the cover. Tighten the drag to see if it stops.

I think the bearing under the spool tension cap is not spinning..I think that's why I have really lousy freespool as well.

handi2

Gulf Breeze, FL

Scattergun2570

Quote from: handi2 on April 29, 2018, 07:16:09 PM
3x10x4
Thanks for that,,where is the best place to buy them?
By the way,is it a tough bearing to remove?

handi2

The one accessible from the outside will usually fall out. It may still have the retainer but after its removed t he bearing comes out easy.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Scattergun2570

Quote from: handi2 on April 29, 2018, 11:57:27 PM
The one accessible from the outside will usually fall out. It may still have the retainer but after its removed t he bearing comes out easy.

Do you generally change both spool bearings even though one seems fine?
Are the Stainless ones Smoothdrag sells ok for replacement?

Scattergun2570

Quote from: handi2 on April 29, 2018, 11:57:27 PM

I am now confused because the bearing was not moving,now it is moving...but I still have that slight binding feeling,, you said something about the drag stack..correct?