Avet Reels in the shop - Need parts - UGHHH

Started by Marlinmate, November 20, 2023, 04:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

I've got 4 EXW 30/2's and 2 EXW 50/2's in the shop that need some parts.

Seems like these were assembled with as little grease as possible.  The clicker has frozen up on a few of them.  Some C-clips that hold the floating drag plate in place were snapped in 2.

1 of the drag washers has separated from the plate.....2 part epoxy should fix this.

My last dealings with Avet parts was not enjoyable.

Hopefully this one goes better. 

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Marlinmate

parts order placed.....fingers crossed.

Bryan Young

On those little c-clips, I have taken SS leader of the same or similar diameter and use round nose pliers to form the rings then cut them with straight wire cutters as I have lost many when taking them off or trying to put them back on.

If you ordered the parts, you will get them. My problem with Avet is trying to "order" the parts. That has been challenging that was much easier 5 years ago.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

They get my parts orders wrong about 25% of the time.... but that means free extra parts.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Marlinmate

apparently there are multiple sets of schematics out there for the same reel.  On the one I used, I noticed an error between the diagram and the parts list.    I explained this in my email of parts I needed and included which schematic I was looking at.

fingers crossed still. 

Marlinmate

Update.....there isn't one.   still waiting.

jtwill98

I hope you haven't run into a similar issue that I had many many years ago where I brought an item to the store for repair. More than a couple of months had passed with them telling me over the phone they were waiting on parts.

I visited the store and asked them for an update, the person at the service counter said the parts weren't in and they sent it off to the manufacture for repair.  I then said, why is it setting on the shelf behind you, right where the person who I handed it off months ago placed it.

I asked for it back, left the store and fixed it myself.

alantani

what i do is send an email to avet.  i have a link to the schematic for the reel and the part numbers that i need.  then i include my shipping info and my contact info, including email and cell number. lastly i include my credit card info, complete with full name, credit card number, expiration date and security code.  that's everything needed so that anyone can make an unauthorized charge.  it seems like the only way to do it.  otherwise, there is too much back and forth communication needed.  i try to make it as easy on them as i can.  i also tell them to ship whatever parts they have and  backorder whatever parts they do not have. 

it's the only way i've found to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.  if my credit card info gets hacked, i just have to deal with it and dispute the charges.  so far, so good.   :-\  :-\  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I do the same but do not send payment methods.  They call me when the order is filled and I pay over the phone.

I wish everyone was as easy as Mystic, they take good care of their customers.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Marlinmate

Marlinmate

update....parts arrived and reels are repaired.

iclypso

Got everything you needed and nothing extra?

Marlinmate

I've got some extra washers that I didn't order.

I also didn't get the split washer I ordered, but I found one that would work locally.

Keta

Mark Twain

Marlinmate

Quote from: Keta on December 17, 2023, 09:04:18 PMSplit washer?  What reel and item #?

Avet Pro EXW 50-2...part #17 referred to as a "lock washer"   

or Part #10 -OUTTER BRAKE SCREWS SPRING WASHER     (complete with mispelling...direct from Avet Website)

Depends which schematic you pull up