progear albacore special

Started by alantani, February 26, 2009, 07:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: MarkT on March 06, 2019, 04:48:08 AM
I think the 3.6's will fit a 280/282 but I haven't tried it.

It's the 6:1 that's got me thinking that the spool pin may be different than the other models.

Marco450r

Yes i have the 282 Model so 3.6 might do 8t?is that from penn?

Miguel lopez

Hello I'm new here and I'm trying to find some parts for the albacore special 542. I have 3 of them and wanted to freshen up the drags since it's been about 10 years since I bought them and I'm not sure how much longer before that since they have been changed. The only problem is that I can't seem to find many parts for these reels at all. Could someone point me to a good reliable  place to get parts or parts made for these reels???

Thx for the help

alantani

miguel, this one is going to be tough.  drag washers can be hand cut or just hobbled together if you have enough odd sizes laying around,  bearings are standard, so no problem there.  any other parts, gears in particular, will be impossible to find. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Miguel lopez on February 18, 2021, 01:36:32 AM
Hello I'm new here and I'm trying to find some parts for the albacore special 542. I have 3 of them and wanted to freshen up the drags since it's been about 10 years since I bought them and I'm not sure how much longer before that since they have been changed. The only problem is that I can't seem to find many parts for these reels at all. Could someone point me to a good reliable  place to get parts or parts made for these reels???

Thx for the help

I may have a few kits left. Let me take a look and I'll get back to you. These were cut from SmoothDrag Carbontex. Here's the post from not too long ago. https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=11607.45
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D