"DONE" TRIP OVER. WHO WANTS TO FISH WITH ME IN BAJA MAY 22-29, 2012

Started by Dominick, July 30, 2011, 09:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 22, 2011, 02:43:57 AM
I may be in Dom.
Those dates are close enough to my birthday to be considered a gift to myself.
What is your cut off date?
Tom
No cut off date.  I am going.  Anyone else wants to go I just add them on.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

don't know why i didn't make this a sticky a long time ago.  i'll check my schedule. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Originally this trip was planned for June 12-19, 2012.  The dates were changed, so I am bumping up this thread, see the beginning of the thread.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bruce

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 30, 2011, 09:47:17 PM
   Originally I was going to fish June 12, 2012 to June 19, 2012.  I knew that the G20 Summit was going to be held in Los Cabos and it turns out it is being held June 16 through the 19.  All the hotels in the area are full and my hotel cannot accomodate me for the whole time I wanted to go.  Beside that I don't like crowded places.  Here is the modified thread. 
I am going to fish in Baja again.  So I thought I would offer Alan Tani members if they would like to join me and my fishing buddy Joe next May.  The tentative dates are Tuesday May 22 through May 29, 2012.  We will be staying at the Presidente Hotel in Los Cabos.  Starting August 1, 2011 the hotel was changed to Holiday Inn Resorts.  I have been staying at this hotel for last 13 years and know the management and staff very well.  As a result I can get a great rate for this all-inclusive resort.  The resort is changing this year, but I am confident I can still bargain with them for a good rate.  The cost of the trip will be approximately as follows:

Airfare      ?  (I expect each person to know how much from his/her location)
Hotel, two persons in room       $700.00 per person for the week. (probably less).
Fishing 3 days on a cruiser   4 on boat approximately $120.00 per person per day including tip and bait  (if you want to fish 2 persons on a boat they split $460.00).
Fishing license         $13.00 per day
Pangas available for      $180-200 per day

What to Expect?  First the hotel.  The hotel is all-inclusive.  That means the room, all you can eat and drink (including alcoholic beverages) is included in the price.  The meals and service are outstanding for the price.

Fishing, the first day of the trip is traveling and getting settled in.  Fish on the 23rd, a day off then fish on the 25th, then off a day and fish on the 27th, then off a day and travel home on the 29th.  This is the way I enjoy my fishing trips with laze around days in between fishing days.  For anyone who wants to fish extra days it can be arranged even on a next day basis.  That means that if you decide to fish on one of the off days, I have enough contacts down there to arrange it.  We will fish out of La Playita and Palmilla.  Both fishing launch spots are 10 minutes by car or cab from the hotel.  Fishing from 6:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. unless the fishing is hot or you have a long fighting fish on.  The captain has stayed out longer with no complaints.  Though the tip should be larger if that happens.

Fish: That time of year is a great time for Striped Marlin, Dorado, Tuna, Wahoo and a variety of Rockfish like Pargo and Grouper and more.

Weather should be relatively cool mornings and evenings with hot days.  Moon phase will be a new moon http://www.moon-phases.net/calendar/index.php?month=5&year=2012 so fishing should be good moon wise.   So if anyone wants to go let me know.  Dominick
Buzz

Bruce

Hello Pescachaser

First saw this thread months ago and have been thinking about it ever since.
           PM me .  I am very interested.

Thank myou  Buzz
Buzz

Bruce

Quote from: Buzz on April 12, 2012, 10:57:41 PM
Hello Pescachaser

First saw this thread months ago and have been thinking about it ever since.
           PM me .  I am very interested.

Thank you  Buzz
Buzz