Marquesa part dilemma

Started by exp2000, May 08, 2018, 02:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

For nearly two months, I have been trying to order a crank shaft for a Fin Nor MA12.

After five shipments trying to adapt wrong parts sent, I have finally given up.

Anglers Central Australia insist that they have sent me the correct part till I sent them a photo.

I am ordering by part number but they would have me believe that parts can be upgraded for a reel and apparently retain the same part number.

I cannot accept this. How can two different parts bear the same number? Chaos would ensue.

Has anyone ever heard if such a thing? Are there any Fin Nor experts here that can shed any light on this?
~

sharkman

I had a similar issue with drag washer for offshore reel. The reel just was not producing drag. Fin Nor sent 2 kits and both produce the similar results (not much drag). Finally a different representative sent me the parts individually. The washers even though sharing the same part number were very different material. The new washer produced the advertised drag. So don't give up.

Donnyboat

that's not good fin nor, lift your game, Brett maybe send photos and dimencions, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

exp2000

Quote from: Donnyboat on May 08, 2018, 03:40:04 PM
that's not good fin nor, lift your game, Brett maybe send photos and dimencions, cheers Don.

Been through all that ad nauseam mate.

Benbow Tackle, the WA reps have now stepped in and are offering all sorts of help.

The quest continues.
~

Rothmar2

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwn!!

Another day of dealing with tackle distributors in our fine Nation. Sorry Brett, can't help you directly with your current problem. But, regarding Angler's Central, they seem to have this same peculiar problem when dealing with people who contact them directly for parts. HOWEVER, they magically seem to get it right, every-time I'll add, if you order parts through a Local Tackle Store.

This is just another example of (possibly) unscrupulous behavior on the part of the tackle industry as a whole out here. They all make sure, that they all get  a slice of your wallet, in every way they can.

I am so over dealing with distributors in Australia for parts, I now tell clients straight up, that if reel-specific replacement parts are needed during a service its up to the client to source them. I will give them an exact list of required parts with part numbers from schematics, and suggest how to go about obtaining them. But if they initially do not agree to this, then I tell them to find some-one else to service their reels. That might sound harsh, but I am sick of wasting my time with an industry that does not want people servicing and maintaining their gear outside of the "system" as whole. I don't need the money from servicing reels, and I don't need the stress of dealing with unscrupulous imbeciles.

It also makes sure I have a few extra hours a day to do the things I want to do in life! And Brett, you know the above is exactly how I call it, as you have  done the "leg work" for me at least once in the past! LOL! ;D

Edit, Brett, time to bump this one again.....

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13159.0