Throw away score

Started by oldmanjoe, May 06, 2018, 02:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

:o   Found all 3 pieces in the garbage pail .   What caught my eye was the cork handle sticking  up. 
      I think i will put a splice in first ,  if not just tip and fish it.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

ReelFishingProblems

Somebody's lack of wanting to revive their investment is your gain!

oldmanjoe

;D I am liking this   throw away  society  ....
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

happyhooker

Hopefully, fixable.  See the Ralph O'Quinn stuff on the Web from rodbuilding.org; he offers a fix for just this kind of situation, which I have tried & found satisfactory.

I picked up three rods in just this condition a couple of years ago (trash can); fixed two and just tipped the third & all work fine.

Frank

oldmanjoe

:)       I checked the id at the break  .035 .     Whittle down a bamboo skew 1.250 long , ca glue one side first ,than the other .
  I hung the quick 220 on ,balances perfectly in the middle of the for grip.    Can wait to test drive ...........

Bill B

Love those kinds of deals.  20 mins work yields. New pole...,good save brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

gstours

Good job,   now go fishing.   many treasures are hidden in a dumpster.    If I only had more time???? ???  Ive patched up a few,  its a great hobby too.   the price is right. ;)