Hawaii guys, who made the alum spools sold at J Hara store?

Started by Toehi, May 20, 2018, 09:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toehi

10+ years ago J Hara store sold spools for the 550 and I think for the 454 too. It looks different from the older Tiburon spool that I have and the sides are too flat, no ribs on inner sides of spool, and color is off for it to be a P series spool (I believe they came in plain boxes, no markings to indicate maker). Does anyone know who made them for J Hara?  I have to strip the line off but I'll post pics of the spool next to the Tiburon spool I have. I finially decided to do something about my warped 550 stock frames so I ordered matching frames/spools from Tiburon. Trying to decide if I should keep the J Hara spool or put it up for sale on CL.

Yogi_fish808

I don't know who made them for J.Hara but I have several 550's and 546's with their spools and prefer them over tiburon. I just looked at the packaging tube they came in and it only has the Hilo/Big Island address for J.Hara store with no indication of who made them. If you're really curious, you can post the question on their facebook page. if you are selling the spool I'd be interested in buying.

Aloha,
Kyle

Toehi

Thanks for the info!  I was just over at the store a week or so ago, if I go back I'll ask the guys who work there. I'll let you know if I decide to part with it.

Bryan Young

I don't think they will reveal their source.  Those spools are good spools. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ShoreKasterHI

Dont have it anymore but i remember ordering a spool and on the plastic it had tady on it. Thinking tady lures but i may be wrong

Swami805

Did they come in a clear plastic tube with foam padding on each end? I got a spool off flea bay like that,works great, I thought it was tiburon but It looks a little different
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ShoreKasterHI

Yes, the spool they shipped came in a clear tube with foam on both ends. Mine had the sticker Tady spool or Tady lures it was at least 10 years ago. Sold it along with a newell 546, what was i thinking smh.

Bryan Young

Hmm, my wife's friend works for Tady now.  I'll ask her to ask him...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Swami805

Found this in the bone yard but it doesn't say who made it. The mystery continues
Do what you can with that you have where you are