what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i started out here in the garage at 7am and it's now 10pm.  time really flies when you are doing something that you enjoy!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

Doesn't the DC spring loaded dog sit on that same post where it could also get stuck to it? You figure with the spring, it'll stay in motion and won't stick to the post? At least you can hear that click and know it's engaging! I can hear it in both my Toriums.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

yeah, it certainly can get stuck!  at least this way you know when it is.   :-\

Shark Hunter

I hope you are making enough to support your Scotch. ;)
Glad to see you in action Boss. ;)
Life is Good!

alantani

this thing was a mess on the outside.  spent 15 minutes just scrubbing the slime off with an old toothbrush.  has anyone used an electric toothbrush to clean up reels?  i'm going to order one and see how it works out.

found this one for $10.99!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BT5PBWG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oc1

I have nothing to say but wanted to reply to this thread just so it will show up in the short list of "Show new replies to your post".  Sometimes that list is all there is time for.  Thank you Alan.
-steve

festus

Keep 'em coming, Alan.  I'm learning something everyday but still have to settle for the ole rotgut liquor.  ;D 

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on May 24, 2018, 05:30:15 PM
this thing was a mess on the outside.  spent 15 minutes just scrubbing the slime off with an old toothbrush.  has anyone used an electric toothbrush to clean up reels?  i'm going to order one and see how it works out.

by chance do you have a pic of how it looked thar reel before you clean it up?

I used to use toothbrush too until finding sometimes the bristles where too small or short to reach certain areas, so I switched to a 1" paintbrush, I cut the bristles 1/2" (depending) from the tip to make them firmer and brush the reel parts much better, this way I cover more are of the reel faster and easier than using a toothbrush.

The Baja Guy

alantani

here's it's twin!

alantani

ok, so you wanted to use a lexa 400 for salt water, huh?  maybe not.......

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

swill88

alantani

it's the cast control magnet after exposure to saltwater. 

theswimmer

That's disgusting.
Imagine what it would look like in another month.......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

MarkT

Are they swimming with them? I caught a tonnage on my Lexa 400hs-p and it was pristine. As is my newer Lexa 400hd.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!