what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Alan tani is updating,,,,, lots of reels,,,,great job my friend  ;D

alantani

I think there is a bad batch of magnets.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Mental health day!

swill88

alantani

New huck fin in the bay. Southside Anglers charter!

alantani

This is why it needs to be properly packed. The braid is dug in and locked.  You would have broken this fish off in a micro second. 

Lunker Larry

He said he had issues casting. Here's what I found when I peeled off a bunch of line.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

alantani

looks like the line was loaded by a five year old.  sorry to be so harsh, but this stuff is basic.   >:(

mo65

Quote from: alantani on May 26, 2018, 07:17:54 PM
looks like the line was loaded by a five year old.  sorry to be so harsh, but this stuff is basic.   >:(

I think this loose, sloppy loading of braid is what turns so many against it. I have even been repacking it after fishing trips. When properly loaded and maintained it will last years...at least for my type fishing. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

this guy leaves in a week.   they were serviced last year and still spin fine.  gotta repack the braid and add topshots. 

Rivverrat

Alan, is the spool rubbing on the Penn Torque in the center of the pic ?  ... Jeff

alantani

JEEZZZZZ!!!!!!!!  how in the world did you see that???????  

yeah, it's rubbing.  i actually have the same problem in some of my reels.  i think what's involved is that the spool shaft is too flexible.  mind you, it's after 10pm here on the west coast.  yes, that means is scotch time!!!!  if i was going to stuck on a desert island and could have only one scotch, this would be it!  an 18 year old laphroig will always be my favorite, but it's one glass and done.  the lagavulin i could drink all night!

oc1

When braid looks like that does it mean it slipped?
-steve

alantani

nah, it was just packed loosely by a 5 year old!   ;D

Rivverrat

Quote from: alantani on May 27, 2018, 05:32:11 AM
JEEZZZZZ!!!!!!!!  how in the world did you see that???????  

yeah, it's rubbing.  i actually have the same problem in some of my reels.  

Personally I would have a hard time accepting that on any of my reels. But this is another big reason why a smaller narrower reel is best if it will be pushed or leaned on hard when it will work for the task at hand... Jeff