what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

left handed reels have been coming out of the woodwork!  here's a citica that is getting a drag upgrade.  a penn ht-100 #6-116 fits perfectly inside the main gear and a #6-965 goes under!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

the curados are great reels.  the comment here was that the drag seemed weak.  it already had carbon fiber drags.  they looked dry so i greased them.  not sure how the drag could get much better. 

alantani

this is the socal frame kit for the daiwa x-20sha.  great reel, but there was a concern because the drag was "pulsing," and indeed it was! i stripped it all down, cleaned up everything, and put it all back together.  not sure what the problem is, but the gears do feel a little rough.  i'm wondering if it's a drag washer or two that could be uneven.  they appear to be carbontex and they look fine.  i'll talk to the owner tomorrow and keep you posted.

alantani

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

these are the "screws from hell" in the daiwa coastal that were stripped.  it took 60 seconds.  the trick was a small worn down cutting wheel. 

mikeysm

Alan I have a set of custom gears from the UK. They are higher gear ratio. If some one wants a set. I can part with them cheap. They didn't work for my Abu beast round. I have other trick parts also. They are just collecting dust.

Mike

bpm2000

Quote from: alantani on June 05, 2018, 05:36:42 PM
these are the "screws from hell" in the daiwa coastal that were stripped.  it took 60 seconds.  the trick was a small worn down cutting wheel. 

I had searched for a long time to see if there was a cutting wheel that small I could get - sometimes it pays to just send it to the people with the know-how and the tools!

Glad to see you make short work of it.  Any chance you know what size those screws are?  Daiwa was kind enough to say they would send me some... as soon as they aren't on backorder  :D.

alantani

nah, just reuse the ones you have.  they'll be fine!

alantani

working on a "normal" reel for a change!

alantani

not that it matters, but the last guy to work on these put one of the frames on backwards.  judging by the amount of corrosion, these are going to take a while.  too bad the last guy didn't add a little more grease.  beautiful reels.  just alot of corrosion.  sad, really.   :-\

alantani

first reel. 

alantani

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

handi2

Some people just dont care...

Alan at least you weren't working on a bag full of Charter spinning reels that all looked like this.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL