what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the steri strip held firm last night, so i cleaned around it, slathered on some neosporin, redressed it and it's pretty good this morning.  i'll give it two days before i change the dressing again.  yeah, i think this one went nearly down to the bone.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marcq

Quote from: Gfish on June 26, 2018, 04:30:12 PM
Superglue gettin into your bloodstream? I glue doll eyes onto flies alla time and that stuff smokes(probably just vapor) when it touches some materials. Mean somethin dangerous? Iown't know...

Heck, baseball pitchers do it all the time when they have blisters

Marc..

Gobi King

Quote from: alantani on June 26, 2018, 04:30:37 PM
the steri strip held firm last night, so i cleaned around it, slathered on some neosporin, redressed it and it's pretty good this morning.  i'll give it two days before i change the dressing again.  yeah, i think this one went nearly down to the bone.   :-\

Ouch, definitely have to watch those edges, I got a similar cut from a tennis ball can that slipped while I was opening it.

Do you think it was sharp from corrosion?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Tiddlerbasher

Superglue gettin into your bloodstream? I glue doll eyes onto flies alla time and that stuff smokes(probably just vapor) when it touches some materials. Mean somethin dangerous? Iown't know...

Ca has been used in the medical profession for decades (iirc it may have started in Vietnam as an aid in field dressings) Whilst products like Dermabond, Flexiseal etc. would be the preferred ca glues for a simple flesh wound I would still use ordinary ca for me and my pets. It can 'tingle' a bit ;) My wife has also used it for repairing split nails.

Rivverrat

The medics i was around made use of super glue or something close to it... Jeff

alantani

yeah, i was thinking of superglue but i didn't have any!   ;D

thorhammer

Skin Shield liquid bandage is a product the company I used to work for made (since sold). It was basically a CA with nitrocellulose and some benzethonium chloride as an antiseptic. Crazy glue or generic works the same, is much cheaper, and you can toss it when it hardens as it inevitably does. Don't be afraid of generics like Equate...it filled literally out of same drum of bulk as the premium brand. You are paying double for a marketing label. Just my 0.02. But it's fact, not opinion. :)

David Hall

If it festers up and you need to have it amputated, let me know. I'm offering a discount for digit amputation this week only.  I call it "four finger discount".  Just holler, have cleaver will travel.

bluefish69

Alan

You still have another Thumb. You could have put it in a Sling.

I hit a Wire Wheel with my Finger - That hurts

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

i know i can always depend on you guys......   ::)

alantani

still one of the best values around.  the only thing better would be the tld star 15/30 or 20/40.

alantani

avets!  piece of cake!

alantani

and the dreaded saltist lever drag!

alantani

how to remove a seriously stuck screw!  everything around it get's hot, so make sure that nothing is close enough to melt!

sabaman1

Quote from: alantani on June 27, 2018, 01:07:31 AM
still one of the best values around.  the only thing better would be the tld star 15/30 or 20/40.
Alan are the Toriums double dogged, also do they have a bearing supporting the pinion?

Jim
JIM