what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I love my Pacifica, but it is now a 4:1 with a steel Jigmaster gear set. The 5:1 brass Pacifica set are in a 501.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

thorhammer

Alan, do you need a red or burgundy Squidder head plate? I might have one, if so i will get mail with check for the handles. PM me so I will see it.

alantani

getting everything from randy.  thanks!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: alantani on July 09, 2018, 03:26:46 PM
getting everything from randy.  thanks!!!!!!

On its way today with your spools Alan, USPS first class parcel, tracking number 9400111899560317429102.

alantani

alantani

finally got three reels to work on at once, to make it easier to see the "before," "after," and "in between" shots!

Rivverrat

Hey Alan, thanks for doing that video. Most people who know me know that I am not a big fan of Shimano reels. But the TLD's I agree are fantastic reels... Jeff

nelz

"an overgrown peanut"... you're killin' me man! LOL  :D

Reel 224

Alan: That is a great informative video! You Relay know how to present the information so anyone could understand.

Thank you...........Joe  
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

like many of you, i get a fair number of calcutta TE's.  nice reels, but they can be a little tricky.  here is the most common mistake i find.  the leave spring dog is not properly grabbing the ratchet gear.  the first photo is what many of us see.  the second photo is how it is supposed to be.  if you allow the drive shaft to turn in the "forward" direction, you let the dog out!

alantani

the more i work on these reels, the more like them.  i just wish they had a higher "power to weight" ratio!

alantani

hey, carbon fiber drags!  they're dry, but they still have carbon fiber drags!  it's a lews 152sh!

alantani

wow, here's a gem, and i think the owner wants to sell it!

Rivverrat

Quote from: alantani on July 10, 2018, 10:29:25 PM
the more i work on these reels, the more like them.  i just wish they had a higher "power to weight" ratio!

Alan, I agree. As I learned more about lever drags it took the Avets some time to grow on me. But after working on a few I finally relized that in the Raptor version they were pretty much every thing I looked for in a reel. Being simple to service & as bullet proof as any reel made. When fished with in their specs... Jeff

MarkT

Those Raptors have pretty high specs! The std reels have to be fished with their specs, not their looks. The G2's are what the std should've been.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!