what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

your basic 4/0 penn 113h senator.  for what it is and for what it does, i think it is still the best value in the world.  it has an acceptable power to weigh ratio, parts will be available forever, plenty of mods.  truly the ar-15 of the fishing reel world.  it would not surprise me at all if someone told me that this reel had taken more fish than the next 10 reels combined. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wally15

As much as I love the workhorse 113H, in my opinion (guess???)a Zebco 202 has probably caught more fish than any other reel. Unless you are referring only to saltwater, then I would agree.
It's not wise to totally disagree with the Boss.  ;D
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Benni3

The 4/0 is great for stripers,cats and carp in freshwater  :D Alan been fixing everything just in time,,,great job ;D

alantani

Quote from: Wally15 on July 22, 2018, 02:20:42 PM
As much as I love the workhorse 113H, in my opinion (guess???)a Zebco 202 has probably caught more fish than any other reel.

um, yeah, actually, hadn't thought about that.....   ;D

Gfish

Love usin a lever drag(TLD 20) but a metal framed reel like the 4/0 Penn will beat out graphite any day for me.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

repacked the braid on the baker intl 50s.  there was suddenly room for another 150 yards of 130 pound braid.  also, look at the drag curve.  this is more like an 80 pound reel.  strike is 35 pounds, but more importantly you want 50% at full, which is 40 pounds.  you could change it, but it would involve filing down the cam by hand and reassembling the reel to check it constantly.  it would take all day.   :-\

alantani

my chuckle for the day!  someone actually asked what i do for inventory control!  i sent him this picture!!!!   ;D

MarkT

Control what you can and manage the rest!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

scrinch

Quote from: alantani on July 22, 2018, 11:22:32 PM
my chuckle for the day!  someone actually asked what i do for inventory control!  i sent him this picture!!!!   ;D

Come on, lots of those stacks could be twice as high. And that wooden stool hardly has anything on it at all! ;)

alantani

take home message for the day.  if your spool rubs, change the bearings first. 

alantani

did i mention that eddie, richie and i went fishing last week?  got rockfish and lings!

Gfish

Is thata Boccicao in the 1st pic?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bryan Young

Is Richie sticking his tongue out at his dad again?  😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤪🤪🤪😜😝😛
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: alantani on July 23, 2018, 01:12:14 AM
did i mention that eddie, richie and i went fishing last week?  got rockfish and lings!

Nice catches, been dying to get out! I'm on the Oregon coast now so looking forward to some salmon fishing