what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

another lexa......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Ohhhh.....Crud!

😕😕😕

Looking forward to after the Master works his skills.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

It looks like the insides of my garbage disposal. :o ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

wow!  finally an easy one!  a penn ht-100 #6-113 on bottom and a #6-113h on top!  

Rivverrat

Quote from: alantani on August 14, 2018, 06:14:59 PM
another lexa......

Thats bad. But I'm thinking it's not as bad as it looks... Jeff

alantani

Quote from: Rivverrat on August 14, 2018, 10:12:53 PM
Quote from: alantani on August 14, 2018, 06:14:59 PM
another lexa......

Thats bad. But I'm thinking it's not as bad as it looks... Jeff

it's amazing what you can do with aerosol corrosion x! 

Lunker Larry

Double check the yoke on the Lexa. I've found wear and curly shavings of plastic in the ones I've serviced. There is also a tiny brass clip that sits in the center of the yoke that comes off and causes all sorts of grief.
Larry
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

alantani

it was good.  i got a good look at it when i was scrubbing off all the salt crud. 

conchydong

Quote from: alantani on August 14, 2018, 09:31:19 PM
wow!  finally an easy one!  a penn ht-100 #6-113 on bottom and a #6-113h on top!  

The mooching concept is very foreign to me. What is the advantage of that type of reel? Looks like a fly reel that isn't really a fly reel.

alantani

these reels are easiest for me if i use them like a spinning reel, from the left.  these guys crank from the right side.  it's all backwards!

MarkT

Wow, you need to create a new one of these each month... What's coming off the bench for Sept '18 for a start. Otherwise it'll get to 140 pages.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

600 yards of 130 pound JB hollow, alternating colors every 100 yards, plus a custom handle!

alantani

Setting up a tld 25 for northwest albacore trolling with 80 pound braid and a 60 pound topshot,  12 pounds of drag at strike and 20 pounds at full.

Benni3

Great job alan,,, and line set up helps,,,great info ;D

alantani

since i've been doing this, i've been amazed at how low some of the drag curves are.   :-\