what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

yes, it had a pair of standard leaf spring dogs. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Nice design on that reel! Is the platform for the dogs and clutch assembly made of cast aluminum? I would have liked it better if it was made of stainless steel, or even brass.

Thanks for showing us you hard work and upgrades Boss.

Nice reel!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

tekotas, trinidads and toriums.......

alantani

after about an hour......

alantani

if you have a line guide with a ceramic insert, you can't use an albright knot for your fluoro to braid connection.  the tag end of the fluoro will stick out and away from the spool.  under a load, that tag end will catch your thumb while casting AND it will catch the ceramic insert and make it pop out.  you have to use a tony pena knot. 

Tiddlerbasher

OR go with hollow braid and a spliced top shot - no knots - no big deal ;D

alantani

found dad's old penn 12T.  did a full service.  400 yards of 80 pound hollowcore braid, a 50 yard topshot of 50# mono, 12 pounds at strike, 20 pounds at full.  not sure anyone will ever fish with it, but it's ready if we ever decide to use it.

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

alantani

it's possible to shim the spool of the tld 15 as well, though it's not really needed.  the "kit" would be a pair of heavy duty bellevilles from the tld 20/25 or 20/30.  you would also shim the right spool with a combination of washers that have a 12mm outside diameter and a total of 1.85mm to 1.90m thickness. 

alantani

Christopher M Songer

Always go forward, never go straight

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

nelz

alantani

yup, gotta be in your 60's to even recognize it!  ;D