what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Quote from: alantani on December 22, 2018, 04:14:15 AM
yup, gotta be in your 60's to even recognize it!  ;D

Um, no.
On 2 of my storage devices and comes up on several of my Pandora channels. Definitely love the song, but not as good as 8x10 glossies with red arrows and circles and notes on the back describing the red arrows and circles.

And just to remind you, your old enough to be my Dad.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

scrinch

Quote from: alantani on December 22, 2018, 04:14:15 AM
yup, gotta be in your 60's to even recognize it!  ;D
We saw him perform locally about 8 years ago. Strange concert! He stopped for several minutes between songs to pick out the guitar for the next song. He had a rack of about 25 guitars on stage and he would test a half dozen or so between each song before he settled on which to use. Then a couple of times he stopped after playing a few bars of a song, got up, put the guitar back, and searched for a new guitar before starting over. It really broke up the mood and rhythm of the concert!

Still, we love his music!

alantani

yeah, strange guy, but very talented. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I definitely knew the song, but couldn't place it and I'm not 60 for 7 more years. ;)
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 22, 2018, 11:44:35 AM
I definitely knew the song, but couldn't place it and I'm not 60 for 7 more years. ;)

Hey Hey there a lot to be said for us older guys. But I can't remember what it was :-\ ??? :'(.........................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Jim Fujitani

released in early 70's, so somebody has to be in their late 50's to have even heard it near release date.

Title is the first three words of the recorded song, "Doctor my eyes..........."

Tiddlerbasher

Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
And the slow parade of fears without crying
Now I want to understand
I have done all that I could

Tiddlerbasher

alantani

took a trip with jay yokomizu on the new huck fin yesterday, got a nice limit of rockfish, had a couple of shots at lingcod but they came unbuttoned, and we all got 10 crabs each. that evening, christina invited her friends over for puerto vallarta yellowfin poke and fresh crab. great kids! when dinner was over, they all pitched in, cleaned up the kitchen and left it spotless!

alantani

stoplight rigging for the 80 pound braid on this old penn 16s.  i did a full rebuild on it, changed out the old rusty plain steel bellevilles to nice stainless steel ones in a "(())" orientation and got 20 pounds at strike and 30 pounds at full.  it held 500 yards of 80 pound braid and a 50 yard topshot of 60 pound mono.  i would have preferred to rig this sized reel as an 80 pound class rig, but it has a limited drag range since it is a single drag system, not a  double drag like newer reels in it's class.  still, a nice reel!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

shimming the spool of the charter special is the last of the graphite shimano lever drag reels.  the right spool bearing is 11mm od and all of my shims are 12mm.  i cut several and found that the 0.5mm thickness shim worked perfectly.  this is after switching the bellvilles and shims out of the left side for thicker bellevilles. 

MarkT

I think I saw Jackson Browne 5 or 6 times.  He went to same high school as my brothers.  On the other hand, I've seen Springsteen at least 30 times including a couple of times in DC, Philly and Denver as well as Orlando, Atlanta, Phoenix, Greensboro, Charlotte, the bay area (Bridge Benefit at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View) and every venue he's played in the LA area!  Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge drinking a warm beer in the soft summer rain!  Beat that Jackson Browne!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

Quote from: MarkT on December 27, 2018, 04:40:32 AM
I think I saw Jackson Browne 5 or 6 times.  He went to same high school as my brothers.  On the other hand, I've seen Springsteen at least 30 times including a couple of times in DC, Philly and Denver as well as Orlando, Atlanta, Phoenix, Greensboro, Charlotte, the bay area (Bridge Benefit at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View) and every venue he's played in the LA area!  Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge drinking a warm beer in the soft summer rain!  Beat that Jackson Browne!
You're the Fish Hog, not the Magic Rat, Mark.
I do like Springsteen. His music and lyrics, but not his politics. Shut up and PLAY! I've seen Jackson Browne once (in the 70's) and Springsteen and E Street once in the early 80's.
Happy New Year, everyone. Gonna be some nice fish caught in 2019.
Mike

Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Tiddlerbasher

Nicely back on topic Boss ;D

Butt just give me the blues over politics any time -Gypsy woman told my mother, before I's born, got a big fish coming, Is gonna be a record breaking one ;)