what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Makes you wonder what standards some folks have for how their reel is working ?? Handle turns ....................... good to go .................. never mind the grinding or lack of drag adjustment !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

foakes

Like many e-Bay descriptions -- "just needs some grease"...

Knowing Alan -- While it may not be a "Plinth Princess" when completed -- but it will be fully capable and ready to fish with no issues.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

You can barely recognize that as a reel!
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

You should find out how many years it hasn't been serviced and multiply that number to your service charges.

What brand of reel is it?

I have no doubts it will work as good as new when you get done with it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

Accurate Valiant  300 - 400 ?  I believe... Jeff

scrinch

Looks like that reel got dropped on the rocks, bounced into the sand, and then got left there for a while as the water washed over it.  I hope the guy apologized about its condition when he gave it to you for service!

Rancanfish

Careful guys, quite a few of Alan's customers follow this site.

We don't need to be making the boss and his customer uncomfortable when they pick up their reel.

Just a thought.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

MarkT

Then they shouldn't drop off reels where the cost to service it exceeds its value.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rocket Dog

Well at least you know that adding flex wrap and some expoy did keep the spool arbor fee of rust and salt. ;D

Lunker Larry

The reason guys drop there reels off to be serviced is becausethey mostly have no idea what goes on inside a reel so you have to give them a break.
I know I get a lot of blank looks when I try to explain things.
But, yeah, it is a mess.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

mo65

Quote from: Lunker Larry on April 18, 2020, 02:26:11 PM
The reason guys drop there reels off to be serviced is because they mostly have no idea what goes on inside a reel so you have to give them a break.
I know I get a lot of blank looks when I try to explain things.

This reminds me of myself...out on the boat rambling about how one reel has a better gear ratio than some other reel...and how yet another model has better drags...and then I notice my brother and Rob are sleeping. It's hard to remember most folks just aren't interested in those details. :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

back to basics!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Gotta love the Boss, he'll work on anything!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

foakes

Always a good feeling to get back to the basic reels we are all familiar with.

Thanks for sharing your work, Alan!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!