what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mjg378

I like to check out "what's coming off the bench".  This post made me want to learn more about the VISX. I can easily understand the many improvements on the VSX.  Alan, the new shift mechanism looks really nice to me but what are it's advantages?  (Always curious) 
Mike in Memphis

alantani

the shift button is just a large fat button that's easy to press because it's hard to miss.  you can switch to low without letting go of the handle grip.  you can just bang the button with your wrist!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Mjg378

Thanks Alan! 
Nice reel. 
Resisting  the urge..to..buy....
Mike

Brewcrafter

Mike - Alan is telling half the story - easy to downshift, but with a little effort you can also upshift from low to high just as easily while reeling by hitting the release with your thumb...john

alantani

we've all seen this. 

in the world of reel repair, if you grease all that is dry and degrease all that is greased, you will be hailed as a genius! ;D

Gfish

Yup. It takes time to paint on a fine layer of grease and cover all surfaces.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on December 04, 2020, 07:38:14 PM
we've all seen this. 

in the world of reel repair, if you grease all that is dry and degrease all that is greased, you will be hailed as a genius! ;D

you're saying this is a bad grease job?   ::) ::) :P

the owner said the antireverse was not working and the drag was acting funny
The Baja Guy

alantani

foakes

I've seen less asphalt used on road repair jobs!

Seriously, that is one of the few things that I charge a little extra for — because it costs a lot to toss out ruined brushes and the extra cleaners required to get it right.

Not to mention time and effort.

And, all of your cleaning equipment requires additional time and effort before doing the next reel.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

one of the main things for me is that i don't want someone opening up a reel that i've worked on and just roll their eyes.  yeah, this reel looks like a 5 year old went in with a greasy paint brush! ;D

Brendan

Something is always better than nothing but those looked a tad excessive.
🤣

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Benni3

Lunker Larry

On a positive note there is no corrosion 🙂
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

steelfish

Quote from: Lunker Larry on December 08, 2020, 02:17:21 AM
On a positive note there is no corrosion 🙂

LOL that was I told my friend on the reel I posted, well buddy, on positive note, there is no corrosion under that load of hardened grease
The Baja Guy