first build questions.

Started by ScottOz, May 28, 2018, 04:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and knowledge.  This is very interesting.  We all can learn more from someone.  Thankful me.🤙

steelfish

Quote from: Jeri on April 26, 2019, 06:31:41 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, but we have been 'playing' again.

With our Low Rider/KR hybrid system on the long surf rods, we started to question the validity of starting the train with a size 20 - yes the actual height of the guide was essential to make it all work with the spinners, but could we go smaller, and reduce the end train further? The thought of firing 35lb braid and 100lb braid leader through size 8 guides was a little troublesome, but let's try.

At the end of the day, it is all very interesting work and just builds on the mental database of how rod performance can be seriously enhanced but avoiding the more conventional thinking patterns.

its always nice to find this kind of posts, where a professional rod builders share his knowleage and even more nice to find that what I was going to "try out" its already tested and working, the surf rod I was talking about in my previous post came with a 40 size big ring guide, but since it was broken Im switching it for a 25 guide size for striper guide, the reasoning is just like Jeri said, with 30-40braid line you dont need those big 40 ring size guide that were used for monoline because of the stiffer coils from the spinning reel spool, my intention is to be used with a 4000 sized reel with 40# braid.

The Baja Guy