Super 270

Started by sharkman, June 02, 2019, 06:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 05, 2019, 12:00:10 AM
Not sure if this is accurate or not, but it isn't the case with mine.
I have a dozen or so 270 and about the same of the 275, all are silky smooth after I serviced them.
All needed a good cleaning and that was it.

Sal
Sal, neither of mine have the shim under the worm wheel.  Could that be the source of noise?

They are smooth and not really loud enough to be annoying.  With the a/r clicker engaged, the sound isn't very noticable.  I wouldn't hesitate to fish with them.

sharkman

How hard is it to find the 275

Alto Mare

Quote from: festus on June 05, 2019, 01:56:23 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on June 05, 2019, 12:00:10 AM
Not sure if this is accurate or not, but it isn't the case with mine.
I have a dozen or so 270 and about the same of the 275, all are silky smooth after I serviced them.
All needed a good cleaning and that was it.

Sal
Sal, neither of mine have the shim under the worm wheel.  Could that be the source of noise?

They are smooth and not really loud enough to be annoying.  With the a/r clicker engaged, the sound isn't very noticable.  I wouldn't hesitate to fish with them.
I'm not sure Chester.
We would need to define noise, might not be the same for everyone.
Yes I do hear the large spool rotate on these, but personally I wouldn't call that noise.
These reels have a really tight tolerance, you could tell by trying to move the rotor by hand side to side, you will notice there is no movement at all.
Can't say the same for others.
The sound you hear I would think it's expected on these., at least that's what I think.
Quote from: sharkman on June 05, 2019, 02:22:08 AM
How hard is it to find the 275
Not an easy reel to find, but they do pop up every once in a while.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sharkman

After a trip to Sal's the reel is as smooth as butter and ready for battle.