A worse thing to misplace than a dog spring

Started by grekim, June 03, 2018, 11:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: boon on March 03, 2020, 03:51:26 AM
I do a bit of recreational locksmithing
Few months late here but... Isn't that called burglary?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

boon

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on August 11, 2021, 01:25:17 AM
Quote from: boon on March 03, 2020, 03:51:26 AM
I do a bit of recreational locksmithing
Few months late here but... Isn't that called burglary?
To-may-to, to-mah-to...

(I have a kinda weird job)

6thMichCav

Have tried magnets, covered vacuum hoses, and new vacuums. Oddly enough, the most effective method seems to be my wife walking around barefoot in the area in question.

I would posit, however, that a close second to a missing dog spring is a missing, tiny pawl-cap screw for an ancient baitcasting reel.  Since they always take six-ten tries for me to install, fumble opportunities abound.

Maxed Out

A small handheld rechargeable vacuum works great for finding lost pieces like dog spring or pin.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

alantani

i usually cuss alot.  it doesn't help me find the spring, but i makes me feel a whole lot better on the rare occasions when i do.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

I find that the springs are the same size as the Penn Senator 114 springs. cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

RowdyW

Jenx

I recently serviced a Calcutta 300TE, and that drag click pin (and spring) might be the smallest parts I have ever seen in a reel. I didn't know to look for them ahead of time, and thankfully they fell out inside of the reel. Had they dropped on the floor I probably would have never found them.

Swami805

First Trinidad I did that thing went flying too, luckily I found it.  Getting that spring and pin back in is fun too
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Squidder Bidder

The best way to find a lost dog spring is to order a new one.

As soon as the credit card goes in, the old dog spring will show back up.  ^-^

Bill B

So I just spent 2 hours looking for my eyeglasses, no they weren't on my head, but they fell between the cushions on my chair...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Bill B on September 09, 2022, 02:36:42 AMSo I just spent 2 hours looking for my eyeglasses, no they weren't on my head, but they fell between the cushions on my chair...

YEP you are RETIRED ......... ;D
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him