Monster Mag 10 **Finished Pics 10/15/18**

Started by xjchad, June 06, 2018, 10:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

sharkman

redsetta

Fantastic work Chad - really enjoying your progress!
Thanks, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

xjchad

Thanks guys!
I'm finishing up the frame now.  Needs a bit of fine tuning and then I'll do a dry run on the assembly. 
Fingers crossed!!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

xjchad

Here's the finished frame ready for test fit.

Here it is assembled to the side plates with the level wind delete bar.
I was not able to have the spool installed as I found one more little spot where it rubbed the frame. 
I bit more clearance and it's good.  Hope finish that tomorrow and then final assembly by the end of the week!

Decker

Amazing work!  I imagine a lot of effort went into getting the width exactly right, and getting the sides of the frame sides true to axis. Very nice! Can't wait to see it spin.

Reel 224

Great! cant wait to see the finish product......................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

Looking great Chad! Very nice work.

............Lou

mo65

Coming into focus now dude...great work. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rothmar2

Keep it coming, really enjoying seeing this come together and can appreciate the effort that has gone into it. Fantastic stuff!

sharkman

xjchad

Ok, the spool is in and spins forever, and that's on dry bearings.

Time to take everything back apart, clean, lube, and reassemble the finished reel.
Can't wait to fish this thing!

Decker

JRD

I have to ask Chad, with the full topless frame is the level wind delete just for looks to seal the holes or??

xjchad

Quote from: JRD on August 02, 2018, 04:43:59 PM
I have to ask Chad, with the full topless frame is the level wind delete just for looks to seal the holes or??

Randy,
I kept the level wind delete bar for 2 reasons. 
1. Like you said, to fill the holes in the rings/side plates.
2. More importantly to me, to have a smooth durable surface for the line to contact as I'm moving it back and forth while reeling it in. (with my limited experience maybe it's totally unnecessary, but it makes sense in my head  :D )