Any preventative lubing for a new Sealine?

Started by grekim, June 18, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grekim

Breaking with my usual way of using vintage tackle, I ordered a new Sealine-X SL-X30SHA.  Are these tough to service and do you recommend any exra greasing before heading to the surf?  Thanks
Educating fish on every trip

SoCalAngler

Pretty easy to work on just do the normal pre-fishing maint and add a light coat of grease to all metal parts inside of the reel including the frame screws. I would also add a coat of grease inside the beauty rings on the reel just like we do to Penn's and Newell's with those types of rings.

grekim

grekim

I opened it, added some grease and it seems to be working just fine.  I didn't pull it completely apart (didn't pull the gears out or drag apart).  But, can someone please confirm that one end of the dog spring rests against the same post that the clutch spring slides over?  I had to put this back in place and I just want to be sure.  

alantani

nice reels.  do a full tear down, scrub all the nooks and crannies with a grease toothbrush and you should be fine!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

grekim

Quote from: alantani on June 22, 2018, 03:53:37 AM
nice reels.  do a full tear down, scrub all the nooks and crannies with a grease toothbrush and you should be fine!

Yeah, took it for a spin in the morning and pulled it completely apart back at home.  It casts really well.  I can't say I like it better than any of my old Penns, but it will be something different to play with.