How can you tell if a Daiwa model is no longer repaired/discontinued?

Started by chriselk, September 06, 2023, 04:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ourford

If it's just bearings, they're all readily available by size. 4x7x2.5 7x11x3 7x13x4
Vic

happyhooker

Typing this now as I wait on hold w/ Shimano on a parts query.  Was told 32 minutes ago that my estimated wait time was 5 min.  Hoping the sympathy ploy may work. But, gotta get thru 1st.

Frank

Penn always available?  They can't provide parts for SpinfisherV's anymore. Pure fishing dumped the old Ambassadeur parts and I wouldn't expect they'll let Penn have much inventory either.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: 0119 on April 19, 2024, 05:34:35 PMPenn always available?  They can't provide parts for SpinfisherV's anymore. Pure fishing dumped the old Ambassadeur parts and I wouldn't expect they'll let Penn have much inventory either.
I've got a big bin of spinfisherV parts not doing me much good. If mystic doesn't have what you need, I might.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

happyhooker

Never got thru to Shimano on 1st call after 40 + min.  Tried again the next day; got thru after short wait, only to find out they have no parts of any kind for the reel (Shimano MLX 300) I have.  Will try to make a needed bail spring for the "never fail bail" with the "unbreakable" bail spring.

Frank