Started by Marcq, June 14, 2018, 06:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigtosser

Thanks for the info... Good to know!

Danny  ;D

JRD

Quote from: Marcq on June 17, 2018, 05:12:54 AM
Quote from: JRD on June 17, 2018, 02:29:21 AM
Here is the bigger brother but same theory.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=19643.0

And a v40 next to a jigmaster 501.

You'll love it.  Notice the resemblance in the knobs.

Was wondering, what is the difference , V50 vs v52 ?

It's a bit confusing but my understanding is the V50 is a Vengeance and the V52 is a Violator.  The Violator series had an extra ball bearing somewhere.
Marc..

nelz

I was getting ready to go for one of these but now it's unlikely. A plastic clicker pawl? I use the clicker alot in pier fishing, need a good one. And what about using a C clip to hold the gear shaft? Hmmm...??? Were the old (USA) ones held that way too?

handi2

No but most Shimano reels do.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

nelz

Quote from: handi2 on June 17, 2018, 09:55:10 PM
No but most Shimano reels do.

You are correct sir, I just took a look at some Shimanos, I guess that's not such a bad thing. I never noticed it since I'm not much into them.

I might be mistaken, but if that clip comes off, wouldn't the handle fall off?

oc1

If the gear shaft is held on by a 'C' clip then the gear can wobble a bit unless you have really good support on the outboard end of the shaft.  A needle AR bearing will do the job nicely.  The Ryobi V-Mag 3 has a 'C' clip holding the gear shaft and only a spacer riding inside a brass bushing for outboard support.  A tight tolerance between spacer and bushing is critical to prevent wobble, but that was/is the reel's Achilles heel.  A salt crystal or grain of salt between the spacer and bushing will lock up the handle.

I love small conventional reels and had no idea the Pro Gear was that size.  Thank you for sharing Marc.
-steve